Monday 3 May 2010

Last Fruit Bed Completed

Finally, we've finished the fruit beds. I part-built the last bed on Wednesday evening, and another 6m3 of topsoil arrived on Thursday. Today I finished the bed (it was only a quarter done; just enough to move the last of the last batch of topsoil), and we've filled it.

The gooseberries, blueberries and currants are now all planted, including the two blueberries (Grover, and something unknown) and redcurrant that we already had.

They look really good, and I'm delighted. They've been hard work, though! Next weekend we need to put the wires up to support the netting. Shouldn't be too hard... Famous last words?

We've planted potatoes and onions in the spare space (obviously, the plants are all quite small), so hopefully we'll have some vegetables out of the beds, even though the 'proper' vegetable beds are some time off now.

Lastly; we visited my parents Saturday-Sunday, and have come home with a tray of goodies. I shall list them when they're planted, but they include a blue geranium I'm fond of, some geum, Sweet William, and a primrose.

No comments:

Post a Comment