Monday 17 May 2010

Pruning the Dandelion Bed

Or, put another way, I've been mowing the lawn. Which I didn't really get a lot out of: I get more pleasure, frankly, out of the lawn awash with yellow. Admittedly, close-up, it looks a lot neater, but still. As I've said, over time the amount of lawn will decrease, but at the moment, cutting it is a two-hour job I don't enjoy. If I could bring myself to do it more often, it'd probably be quicker, but--ultimately--there's still the same area of grass to push the mower over, so it'd still take a while.

I'm thinking about constructing an irrigation/automatic watering system for the kitchen garden. As it warms up, it's going to need watering rather frequently, so something automated would be nice. I've used the Hozelock system before, so might use that. We shall see...

1 comment:

  1. Gardening can take a lot of effort and time - more so than non gardeners think ..

    Good luck with this summers crop ..

    ReplyDelete