Tuesday 24 April 2012

New Mowing Season

A month later than last year, due to no coincidences of me being available and the weather cooperating, I have managed to mow (most of) the lawn. Only the top lawn, around the bottom of the ramp, down to the kitchen garden, and around the 'pond'. The top corner is covered in wood, patio slabs, and generally too wet, still; the games lawn is too long, too large, and too daunting. I'll do it when I can.

Nevertheless, good to get started, and it looks much neater. The compost bins will now start filling up again!

Yesterday evening we pricked out the celeriac seedlings. We only want about 30-35 plants, and the seed germinated really well, again. They've grown on nicely, and the strongest looking sixty have been potted on. Given how wet and cold it still is, I doubt we'll be planting them out next week, which is the time they went out last year. I hope it warms up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment